Norwegian Discovery: Svalbard and the Northern Fjords *20% off the July 4 departure*
Trip Length: 11 Days
Price Point: $12,000 per person (does not include airfare)
Seasons Available: Summer
The polar realm of Svalbard is the place to visit if you want to experience the stunning fjords and glaciers of the arctic circle in the Land of the Midnight Sun. This 11-day National Geographic expedition takes travelers to Svalbard and a handful of beautiful coastal islands of mainland Norway like Sørøya and Senja to experience glistening arctic passages, intriguing icy inlets, and sprawling tundra. World-class onboard naturalists guide your discovery and interpretation of wildlife like polar bears, arctic foxes, reindeer, and the wondrous walrus as you navigate aboard one of the most capable vessels ever designed for polar exploration.
*Save 20% off the July 4, 2023 departure if booked by June 30*
Activities & Sights
- Explore the Svalbard archipelago amongst sparkling icebergs and beautiful fjords.
- Experience Sørøya Island and Senja Island, pristine arctic islands off the northern coast of Norway and explore Ånderdalen National Park.
- Probe into fjords and inlets aboard an ice-class vessel and scan the edges of the pack ice for Polar Bears, Artic Foxes, Walrus, and more.
- Take to the shore and explore glaciers and the Arctic tundra via guided hikes or zodiac rides accompanied by expert guides and naturalists.
- Enhance your understanding of the region with personalized interpretation and daily lectures given by world class leaders in biology, geology, anthropology, and more.
Day to Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Depart on an overnight flight to Oslo, Norway
- Day 2
- Day 3
Fly to Longyearbyen and embark the ship
- Day 4-6
- Day 7
Bjørnøya (Bear Island)
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
Disembark the ship in Tromsø and fly to Oslo
- Day 11
Fly home after breakfast
The National Geographic Endurance is a purpose-built, fully-stabilized vessel of the highest ice class (PC5 Category A). This enables the 126 adventurous guests to explore in supreme comfort. The striking profile is courtesy of the patented X-Bow® design, a unique feature that virtually guarantees the smoothest, most comfortable ride in all kinds of conditions. Understated Scandanavian-inspired décor belies these ships’ luxurious public spaces, which feature extensive windows connecting guests with the outside world. There are several science “toys” onboard, including video microscopes and a remote-controlled submarine, adding to the exceptional educational experience. Elegantly appointed, cabins feature a generously sized private bathroom with a roomy glass-walled shower stall. Notably, all except the lowest cabin categories have a private balcony, which allows guests to step out to watch the icebergs from the cozy comfort of their cabin.
"To me, God is cold,” says Wim Hof, the Dutch “iceman” who is making headlines preaching the health...Read more