Introducing the Expedition
New Ship, New Partnership, New Experiences!
We are pleased to announce a new partnership with the “great adventure people” at G Adventures. A recognized leader in the adventure travel world, G Adventures shares our excitement for expedition-style travel. The opportunity to provide exciting new Arctic and Antarctica expeditions aboard the Expedition comes in tandem with this partnership!
The Expedition was completely refurbished and transformed into an expedition vessel after she was purchased by G Adventures in 2008. Prior to sailing the Antarctic and Arctic seas, the Expedition was a passenger and automobile ferry throughout European waters in Denmark, England, France, and Sweden.
Explore the Arctic
The season for polar bear sightings and the midnight sun (May through September) is quickly approaching in the great north. Whether you seek dynamic Norwegian Fjords, a thorough Circumnavigation of Spitsbergen, or a multi-country all-encompassing adventure with Iceland, Greenland and Spitsbergen, the Arctic is truly a unique and intriguing destination.
Explore the Antarctic
If your travel dreams include the White Continent, you can choose from many different itinerary options aboard the Expedition. You may attempt to cross the Antarctic Circle, focus on the Antarctic Peninsula or place yourself in the company of king penguins numbering in the thousands on South Georgia. Along the way, there will be opportunities to stay in an unrivaled campsite on the Antarctic continent and kayak past magnificent icebergs, seals, and penguins.
• 1-to-10 expedition team member to guest ratio
• Kayaking and camping options
• Completely refurbished in 2009
• Relaxed, fun atmosphere
• Spacious common areas and observation decks
• All cabins have ocean-facing windows or portholes
• Keep your cabin clean: a mud room provides a place for wet gear
• Experienced crew: chef who has served Her Majesty The Queen to an Ice Master who has successfully navigated over 100 ice cruises
• Mix of nationalities: Australian, European, American
• 20+ Years of history and successful leadership in adventure travel
• Experienced and knowledgeable staff
• Named best ‘Do It All Outfitter' by National Geographic Adventures
• Provide adventures that appeal to an adventurous and active traveler
• Sustainable tourism: Dedication to low-impact tours