1. We are expedition specialists - Since 1999, our team of dedicated expedition specialists has helped tens of thousands of travelers research and arrange their trips of a lifetime to some of the planet’s most remote and awe-inspiring destinations (spanning all seven continents) including Antarctica, the Galapagos Islands, the Arctic, Africa, Peru, the Amazon, Alaska, Central America, the islands of the South Pacific, Baja, Australia, and many more. We ourselves travel to these incredible destinations every year, and we personally research and vet the trips we recommend. Our team is comprised of 17 people who are deeply passionate about this niche style of travel, and we have lived in and traveled extensively to all of the regions in which we plan trips. ExpeditionTrips has enjoyed recognition by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, New York Times, Forbes, and Men’s Journal for our expertise in expedition travel planning and the destinations we serve.
2. We give you our unbiased opinion and act on your behalf - Our sole focus is to help you select the right trip for you. Expedition travel has grown significantly since its inception, and more operators are entering the landscape (and seascape) all the time. With the multitude of different ships, trips, and itineraries, we bring the value of deep expertise in the wide variety of options and we help you evaluate which trip is right for you based on your preferences, priorities, and price point. When you book directly with a shipping company, you only have one choice (which you will be told is “the best”). However, we work with all of them and hold no bias, so we are able to give you all the information, positive and negative, to help you make an educated and informed decision.
3. There is no additional cost - We do not charge any fees for booking your land or cruise arrangements. We partner with the ship owners and trip operators, and are compensated directly by them. This means that you receive the value of our unbiased expertise at no additional cost. Because we work closely with these tour operators every single day, we are often able to pass along special savings and offers that are not available when booking through other channels.
4. You have a dedicated 2-person team of travel specialists - From start to finish, you work with your own personal Expedition Specialist to select and plan the trip, and your own Travel Coordinator who helps arrange all of the logistical details. We are not a reservation call center. Unlike other companies where a different person answers the phone each time, we know that working closely with you ensures that we become ‘experts’ on your travel preferences, and we’re ultimately able to deliver the best possible trip planning service.
5. You save time - There are countless details and logistics to consider when planning travel. We save you the time that usually goes into researching, comparing options, determining flight schedules, choosing hotels, and wading through the fine print. Arranging expeditions is all we do day in and day out, so by working with our knowledgeable and experienced staff, and using our award-winning website, you will save time and make faster (and more educated) decisions.
6. We are industry insiders - Because we’ve been doing for this 15 years, we have established close working relationships with the owners of the vessels and companies that travel to our destinations. Our preferred partnerships with these companies afford us (and you) inside access to special discounts, hidden inventory, and direct channels to the decision makers. We also know many of the Expedition Leaders and staff working aboard the ships, and we are in the loop about the newest and most exciting itineraries, hot pricing specials, and other changes in the expedition industry.
7. We care about protecting the planet and respecting the cultures we visit - ExpeditionTrips represents the most environmentally-friendly tour operators, the highest quality small ships, and believes that sustainable tourism is the best practice. It is our hope that visiting the world’s most remote destinations (in ways that have the least impact on the natural environments) will increase awareness about why these magical places must be protected and preserved.
8. We have very happy clients - At the risk of sounding cheeky, our clients love us. We find that many travelers return to us again and again (we have some clients who have been working with us for 15 years!), because our destination expertise and client focus is unmatched in the expedition travel marketplace. The Testimonial section on our web site provides access to client comments about us, as well as the trips and destinations we offer.
9. We have a very happy staff - Happy team members translate into happy clients, most often. ExpeditionTrips is a small business based in the quaint neighborhood of West Seattle. We are a 16-person team who genuinely enjoy working together, and absolutely love what we do. We might even have the best job in the world. The turnover on our team is very low, and most of our staff have been here for 5 years or more!
10. We give you peace of mind - We are a U.S. based travel agency that was founded by former expedition leaders and naturalists in 1999. Being based in the State of Washington (Seattle), we are subject to very strict travel regulations. Our Seller of Travel number is 601 994 100. We are bonded and insured and any funds not directly passed to the travel vendor are held in a trust account until trip departure. Since our founding year, we have been A+ rated members of the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce.